Zoho Inventory Management
Learn about Zoho Inventory - a powerful tool to increase sales and keep track of every unit in inventory.
Zoho Inventory has different modules to cater to different areas of managing your stock. modules that will help you ease your inventory process are
- Dashboard - Get the whole picture of your business with our smartDashboard - Get the whole picture of your business with our smart
- Customers - Connect easily with your customers
- Record and manage your stock with Items and Item Groups.
- Create kits and bundles with Composite Items.
- Document sales, send invoices, package and ship goods with Sales Orders.
- Track the status of your shipments with Packages.
- Manage all your vendors in one place with Vendors.
- Restock your inventory with Purchase Orders.
- Manage and pay your vendors on time with Bills.
- Generate real-time and multi-perspective Reports.
- Tailor your organization to suit your needs and preferences with Settings.
- Expand your reach to new markets with Integrations, which connects your organization with popular online sales channels, a host of shipping service providers, online payment gateways, accounting and CRM software. For more information on Zoho CRM, you can visit us.
The Dashboard is the home page, and it’s the first thing you’ll see when you log into your Zoho Inventory account. It gives you a clear picture of your company’s sales and stock summary.
Here is an over view representation of a dashboard.
Let me give you a quick representation of each activity present in the dashboard
- Sales Activity - This section displays the stock that need packaging, shipping, delivery and invoicing.
- Inventory summary - Quantity in Hand: Total stock you have on hand in all your warehouses. Quantity to Receive: Total stock purchased from your vendor that are yet to reach your warehouse.
- Product Details - Low Stock Items: Number of items that have fallen below their reorder point and needs to be restocked. All Item Groups: Total number of item groups in your inventory. All Items: Total number of items in your inventory including the variants in every group. Unconfirmed Items: Number of items synced from the integrated marketplace which don’t match with any of the existing inventory items. Active Items: The percentage of items that are active in your inventory.
- Purchase order - Here, you can view the total quantity of items ordered from vendors and its overall cost for a chosen period.
- Sales order - This section will list the number of sales orders generated from direct sales and synced from of your integrated ecommerce channels for a chosen time frame.
As customers are essential to any business, it is necessary to save their contact information to create transactions quickly and do business efficiently in the long term. You can save the details of your customers such as names, email addresses, phone numbers, billing and shipping addresses, website information and other information in this module. Apart from saving your customer’s information, you can send emails, view customer statements, and create sales transactions for the customer on the contact details page itself.
Items are either goods you purchase from your vendors and sell to your customers or services you provide for which you get paid.
You can ease your inventory process so that every time you create a purchase request to your vendor, its stock increases and when you sell the items, its stock decreases automatically.
To create a new item in Zoho Inventory:
- Go to the Items module in the left sidebar.
- Click the New Item button or the + New button on the top.
A Composite item in Zoho Inventory is a single commodity composed of two or more items and services. Using composite items, you can create kits and sell them for customized rates and perform basic assemblies to create finished goods.
A sales order is a financial document that confirms an impending sale. It details the exact quantity, price and delivery details of the products or services being sold. Perform the simple operations mentioned below to create and manage your Sales Orders.
This is an overview diagram of sales order workflow
It allows you to create and assign package slip numbers to the items in your sales orders and keep track of your consignments when they are shipped.
To create a packaging
- Choose a sales order for which you want to create a package. Upon doing so, the all items in the sales order will be automatically populated in the new package.
- If you choose to select or scan items from the sales order, the quantity to pack will increase accordingly.
- Enter the package number and select the date.
- Record any internal notes for your reference.
- Click Save to successfully create a package.
The Customers/Vendors module in Zoho Inventory is where you save the details of your customers and vendors. You can save the details of your customers such as names, email addresses, phone numbers, billing and shipping addresses, website information and other details in this module. Apart from saving your customer’s information, you can send emails, view customer statements, and create sales transactions for the customer on the contact details page itself. In this document, we’ll learn more about how to make the most of this module.
The process of creating the vendors is same as customers.
A purchase order is an official document you issue to your vendors, indicating relevant information about what you want to buy, the quantity, the price agreed for that particular product or service.
Here is an overview of purchase order workflow
When your vendor supplies goods/services on credit, you’re sent an invoice that details the amount of money you owe him/her. You can record this as a bill in Zoho Inventory and track it until it’s paid.
Enter the required information such as the bill number and vendor towards whom the bill is payable.
Click the space under Items & Description to select an item for which you were billed by your vendor.
For any business, it is essential to know the growth rate and translate it into facts & figures. Zoho Inventory provides systematic reports that can help you keep track of your stock flow, cash flow and other inventory activities.
The Settings page is where you customize Zoho Inventory to match your business requirements. Here, you can add more information or update your organisation's existing information. To access Settings, click the icon on the top-right corner of the app.
Integration feature bridges and integrates you to a host of shipping service providers, payment gateways and other applications, giving you better reach to customers and new markets and completing you as the perfect vendor to your customers.
Hence this is how you can manage your inventory in Zoho inventory that will help you extract valuable sales information in less time. We can help you design a customised, scalable inventory - offer training and one-on-one support on-demand before and after the implementation. We could speed up the sales pipeline by tailoring data-driven automated marketing campaigns while generating new leads.
More from Sixty One Steps
Reports in Zoho CRM
Learn about creating module-specific reports and cross-functional module reports in Zoho CRM.⟵ Previous